[Mailman-Users] Archive 3rd Party List

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Sun Apr 19 20:54:04 CEST 2009

At 10:31 AM -0600 4/17/09, Jim Redman wrote:
>I subscribe to a mailing list that has no archive capabilities.
>
>I don't really want to try to take over the list, but would like to
>archive the messages as a service to other list users.
>
>Would it be possible to do this with Mailman?  Or does anyone have
>an alternate system that may be better capable to do this?

Create a Mailman list, subscribe the Mailman list address to the
original list.  I don't think you even have to subscribe the original
to Mailman (if you do, set it for No Mail to avoid infinite loops).
You should be able to set Mailman to accept all mail from the
original list.

It'll be automatically archived.

--
Bill Christensen