[Mailman-Users] Detecting Autoresponders

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Sat Aug 1 22:43:40 CEST 2009

On Jun 28, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Karl Zander wrote:

> This particular autoresponder is not known to be broken.

It's a bit dated, but I have a rant about broken autoresponder here:

  http://goldmark.org/netrants/auto-resp/

As others have said, if an autoresponder is responding repeatedly to
the same address in the course of a few days it is certainly behaving
badly.  Lotus Notes and Exchange autoresponders should not be allowed
near the Internet.

I remove people from lists, sending a note to them and their
postmaster saying that as long as they use broken autoresponders they
should not join any Internet email discussion lists.

-j