[Mailman-Users] STUPID USERS

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Wed Aug 5 19:11:27 CEST 2009

Once before, I asked about possible solutions to problems that occur
when people misread and/or 'reply' to mailman 'administrative' emails.
I would like to cut-n-paste a latest mailing from a list subscriber
to emphasize the problem.

I'm not asking for an 'explanation', but I *am* asking that developers of
mailman look through the email and SEE the 'chain of logic' that has a
user sending requests to manage their 'bird list' subscription via the
"last address used to send them mail about it." then eventually asking me
to help them because they missed the critical piece of info that they need
to do their commands on a 'per list' basis.

I'm complaining that my time is WASTED over and over by these ignorant
mistakes. Is there NO way to get a reminder notice to come FROM the
list/list-owner, even given the obvious issue with possible multiple
lists? I know how mailman works, but these people DON'T. Could there at
least be an 'overview' function that recognizes mail sent to
'mailman-request' and gives them a list of commands to manage each list?

For your amusement, and to emphasize my point, here is the message
I received as mailman-owner, because user SENT their mail to
'mailman-bounces'..... (go fig)