[Mailman-Users] mailman user password

tanstaafl at libertytrek.org tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Aug 2 22:38:24 CEST 2009

On 8/2/2009 10:05 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> This is the real issue. mailmanctl should always be run by root. Your
> init script should just contain
>
> /bin/mailmanctl -s start >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> without the su - mailman

Ok, I tried this, but it did the same thing... however, I tried
something else - adding the full path to the command - and it now works:

su - mailman -c '/usr/lib64/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s start' >/dev/null 2>&1

I'm assuming this is a gentoo issue, but if anyone here runs gentoo and
might know whats up with this I'd appreciate a comment.

Thanks Mark! At least it works now. :)

--

Best regards,

Charles