[Mailman-Users] Approved: password header!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 7 17:35:28 CEST 2009

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>well I'm sorry I didn't quite understand, what should I do with this file you sent me (approve.patch.txt) ?? where should I put it and what to name it and what to do with its permissions n stuff?

I probably shouldn't tell you because if you don't know how to apply a
patch, you probably shouldn't do it, but

1) make a backup copy of Mailman/Handlers/Approve.py

2) give the command

  patch /path/to/Mailman/Handlers/Approve.py < approve.patch.txt

3) restart Mailman

4) If any problems result, restore Mailman/Handlers/Approve.py from
your backup and restart Mailman