[Mailman-Users] Word Wrap

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:07:56 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 18:25, Adrean Clark<cs at clercscar.com> wrote:
> I'm still having trouble with word wrap.  I send out messages in plain
> text, and I don't have the message editor enabled.  I've pasted a sample
> message below.  Also notice in the first sentence of the article a > sign
> was added.  It's not in the original -- where did that come from?  Thanks
> for all your help.
<---SNIP--->
> >From Little Girls Point, we headed west on U.S. Highway 2 and entered

That's an artifact of the mail system in use.  In the very old days
that was used to avoid mail systems thinking it was another From:
header.  Some unix mail systems still escape it this way, I'm guessing
yours is one.  I'm sure you'll find it documented in one of the many
RFCs, somewhere.

As for wrapping, as you copy-and-pasted it there's no way for anybody
to say anything meaningful ;)  If you were to attach a sent message
then people may be able to say more.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor