[Mailman-Users] Template Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 20 01:18:45 CEST 2009

Jeff Grossman wrote:

>Sorry about that, yes they are 'email' templates.  I copied over my lists
>directory from the old server.  And then started Mailman.  When I send a
>help command to the list, it is not using the template located under the
>'en' directory under the list.  It is using the generic template.  What
>steps can I do to figure out what the problem is?

I have skimmed the Debian patch list at
<http://patch-tracking.debian.net/package/mailman>, and I don't see
anything there that could cause this.

Could it be ownership or permissions on lists/LISTNAME/en and/or
lists/LISTNAME/en/help.txt? That's what I'd check first. If
CommandRunner can read the template?, then I don't know what the
problem would be. Debugging it might require putting temporary logging
statements in the findtext() function in Mailman/Utils.py or attaching
strace to CommandRunner.