[Mailman-Users] Configuration Question: Regarding mailfilter based email addresses

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Aug 25 20:38:17 CEST 2009

On 08/25/09 07:55, David Walker wrote:
> However mailman, doesn't.  Since the "registered" user person+mmusers
> exists and is all good, when person sends a message to the list it
> gets bounced.
>
> So my question is: how can I configure mailman to allow person to
> post when he registered as person+mmusers

I personally ran in to that very issue a while ago.  My (sub-optimal)
solution was to subscribe both "person" and "person+mmusers" to the
mailing list.  I have "person" subscribed, but set to not receive
deliveries, for the sole purpose of recognizing when I send emails from
"person".

I don't know if it is still the case, but last I messed with this, this
was the only trivial solution that I found.  Since then I have done it
multiple times on multiple different lists and it works out quite well.

Grant. . . .