[Mailman-Users] MM admin interface wide open

Ulf Hofemeier ulf at ladb.unm.edu
Thu Aug 27 03:13:28 CEST 2009

The only scenario I can see are large organizations/corporations with
huge IT department who have to administer mailing lists with thousands
of subscribers. In that case it might make more sense to protect the
admin interface through a dedicated virtual host + packet filter +
htaccess set up, rather than having every 'admin' to type in the site
admin password for once, or once the site admin cookie has expired. It
would speed things up to have the interface accessible through one
link without any barriers. I don't know if this is an applicable
scenario or not, but IT departments with large organizations are
probably capable to make mailman work for them.
Ulf
--
Ulf Hofemeier
Programmer / Analyst II