[Mailman-Users] Footer not being appended to messages in 2.1.10

Jay Deiman jay at splitstreams.com
Tue Dec 1 23:16:04 CET 2009

Jay Deiman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been running mailman 2.1.10 on FreeBSD 6.2 for quite some time now
> and I just recently noticed that the default footer (msg_footer) is not
> being appended to all the messages.  Is there something else that needs
> to be set/enabled to turn this on?  I've searched for this problem and
> I've found nothing so I'm kind of assuming that I'm missing a setting
> somewhere.

I figured out what was going on here.  This was due to my still using
the deprecated "Sendmail" DELIVERY_MODULE.  I switched to "SMTPDirect"
and everything is peachy now.

On a related note, is there any plan to possibly fix/rewrite the
Sendmail module.  The reason I was using it in the first place is
because it was much easier in terms of integration with my system since
using the sendmail binary for outgoing mail bypasses all the post-queue
content filtering and such that goes on on my server.

On the flipside, setting up SMTPDirect with postfix was just a matter of
adding an smtpd entry in master.cf that only listens on localhost and
just permits.  However, it would still be nice to *realistically* have
an option.

Jay

--
Jay Deiman