[Mailman-Users] Technical Problem/Question

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Mon Dec 7 17:31:52 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 08:51:15AM -0500, CmdrNCDiv at aol.com wrote:
>   I am the moderator of the Telegram List Server.  I recently  tried to get
> into the Telegram Administrative Interface to change my password  and could
> not do it.  I followed the steps below.
>
> I used my password on the Telegram Moderator Authentication page which got
> me to the Telegram Administrative Database page.  Once on this page I
> clicked on Telegram Administrative Interface.  Once this page came up I  used
> the same password for the Telegram Administrative Authentication and the
> authorization keeps failing.

There would appear to be a different password for the admins &
moderators.

> Would you set me up a temporary password that works so that I can reset my
> password.  I have no idea why my password works with the Telegram Moderator
>  Authentication but then doesn't work with the Telegram Administration
> Authentication?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

None of us on this list can provide a "temporary password" for the
lists (unless one of us hosts the lists for you). You need to contact
the person who manages the list(s).

There are two areas of adminish web-interface /admin and /admindb: the
first being for complete list-admin, the second for handling list
moderation.

For the moderator password to be changed, you should probably contact
the owner of the list (e.g., by mailing
    <listname-owner at lists.example.com>),
and ask them to sort you out: there may well be other moderators who
will duly need any new moderator's password, too.

--
``If we do not conjure up a war into being,
  certainly no one else will do so.''