[Mailman-Users] Getting ready to try my first install of mailman on OS-X

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Dec 7 20:25:23 CET 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, John Lieber wrote:

> Beyond my control is that we are not using OS-X Server.

That is a "good thing". Installing on OS X Client means you do it the
right way rather than having the Apple dain-bramaged version they include
with Server.

> Awaiting a call that will get me access to the machine (remote location)
> to find out the specifics (Which OS version/etc).  All I know is that it
> is a Mac Mini.  Very possible it is Tiger (PowerPC)...

Well, which version would be good to know. Tiger is actually better than
Leopard as there is an unresolved issue with Leopard's system startup that
occasionally causes the Mailman startup to fail.

> So for right now if anyone has any links that I can read up on or
> hints/tips/suggestions..

I currently have Mailman running on OS X Client and have posted
installation instructions for both Panther and Tiger as well as notes on
my upgrade to Leopard.

The Tiger instructions can be found in the archives at:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg33402.html>. A
search will let you find the Panther instructions and Leopard notes if you
need those.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com