[Mailman-Users] listserv question

C Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Thu Dec 10 16:43:05 CET 2009

Hello all,

How odd?  I can potentially answer another question.

By "novell email", I am going to guess you are referring to either the
Novell GroupWise client or Novell's GroupWise WebAccess client (email
via the web).

Let's start with the GroupWise client.  Depending on your settings, you
will be sending your message as plain text or as an html message (this
is actually like Mark said - a multipart/alternative message with
text/plain and text/html - and I am simplifying).  It is best to send
your message to Mailman as a plain text message.  To do so with the
client when composing a message, click on "View -> Plain Text" (my
version of the GroupWise client is v7.0.3).  Compose the message and
send it.

As for the GroupWise WebAccess client, I don't know of any way to switch
to plain text - either in the options or while composing a message.  I
would recommend the GroupWise Client.  However, if you must use
WebAccess, I would recommend you save your Word document as a "Plain
text (*.txt)" document first, then open it with Notepad to cut and paste
to the WebAccess compose dialog.  Hopefully, that will strip out any
Word anomalies which may affect your message.

Or, you can do like I do, use a mail client that allows you to chose if
you want to send your message as html, plain text, or both.  I use
Thunderbird, others may use something else.

Chris