[Mailman-Users] Please Help.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 11 16:42:12 CET 2009

ekram wrote:

>Hi i am having a problem with mailman migration.
>I am able to shift 2.0 to 2.1.5 recently in centOS 3 server.
>Everything is working just fine. But the problem is when people using
>reply to from there MUA.
>If they use reply to from MUA its assign address xyz at domian.com but it
>should xyz at lists.domain.com
>The setting in Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py is according to manual.
>Every time people reply to they need to manually change the reply to
>address.
>Please help me.

It is not clear to me what the issue is. If it is a mailman issue, it
is possible that the list is set (on General Options) to reply to a
fixed address, and the address in incorrect. If so, change it. It is
also possible that the list's host_name attribute (near the bottom of
General Options) is wrong. If so, change that and also see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.

If neither of the above fixes the problem, then some MTA is probably
rewriting the domain of the To: header in the post. This could be
either a DNS or MTA configuration issue.