[Mailman-Users] Increasing the Speed of Email Delivery

Derrick Wooden derrickwooden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:14:03 CET 2009

I'm currently using a dedicated cPanel server with the following specs.

Xeon 3060 - Dual Core 2.4 GHz - 250GB SATA-II HDD - 2GB DDR2 RAM;

It currently takes me about 6 hours to deliver 800K emails.  It's an
announce only list with 20 sublists of 40K addresses.

I will be upgrading to:
Xeon 3450 - SATA - Quad Core 2.66 GHz - 250 GB IDE/SATA, 7200rpm - 4GB DDR3
RAM; RedHat/cPanel

and wanted to know if my email deliver would be much faster.

Any assistance/direction with server configuration would be greatly

-Derrick Wooden