[Mailman-Users] Code comments

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Fri Dec 18 18:27:14 CET 2009

Given that definitive documentation for Mailman isn't really
consolidated in one place, I often find that the code comments in the
Mailman program files (~mailman/Mailman/*) can be very helpful in
answering questions or solving problems with Mailman.

I've worked with code in many languages that is so cryptically
commented, with variable names that were so non-descriptive (Dan
Bernstein's qmail code comes to mind) as to be totally useless if one
wanted to look under the hood for help.  Mailman code is quite the
opposite - well organized with copious comments which can be very
helpful if one knows even a little about the program structure.  Even if
you don't grok python, or OO programming, there's a lot to be learned
here.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at