[Mailman-Users] Mass Removal of Subscribers from Mailing List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 24 21:35:17 CET 2009

certuspersonality wrote:

>This is a new attempt to receive a meaningful reply to above subject.
>
>I am not able to use Mailman commands on my server, as Mailman is
>integrated in cpanel of the hosting server I am subscribed to.
>I need to remove all subscriber email addresses in a given mailing
>list to then mass-subscribe a number of new email addresses.
>As the existing list is long and I do not have a backup of it on my
>computer, I cannot copy them into the field displayed for mass removal.
>It is possible to mark all given entries in the 'unsub' column
>individually but that takes ages to do.
>Is there a way of marking them in one go?

I grant that my reply to your original post was not helpful because I
misunderstood your question. However, I thought Terri's reply at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-December/068015.html>
was relevant and informative. Perhaps if you can address that
particular reply, specifically what about it you didn't understand or
isn't applicable in your situation, we can provide more information.