[Mailman-Users] Hiding list address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 28 15:08:54 CET 2009

Matias Surdi wrote:

>I've been asked to setup a couple mailing lists we have at work so
>that, when somebody sends a mail to mylist at example.com and one of the
>members of the list click on "Reply all" the reply doesn't get into
>the list again.
>
>Is there any way to hide the list email address (the To: header) so
>that mail clients doesn't see it?

Not really. You can fully personalize the list and messages will then
be To: the recipient, but this will force the list address into a Cc:
header so 'reply all' will still include the list. If what you want is
for the list members to be unable to post to the list, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9>.