[Mailman-Users] Replying to digests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 29 19:43:47 CET 2009

Tanstaafl wrote:

>I don't recall where, but I have seen some digest lists that actually
>have Reply/Forward 'links' for each message in the digest in the
>included 'headers' of each individual message in the digest. Using these
>links creates a reply identical to one that would be generated if the
>message had been received individually.

This sounds like something with a web based 'archive' that allows
replying/forwarding via the web.

>Any chance of Mailman ever being able to do that? Or is that what you
>are talking about with the MIME format digest?

The MIME format digest does allow something like this if your MUA
supports it, but I don't think it's what you're talking about.

MM3 will have more flexibility to enable doing things like this. You
may eventually see it in MM 3.