[Mailman-Users] Help?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 31 15:45:50 CET 2009

Lark Burger wrote:

>I've done something stupid, and I don't know how to get out of it.  I'm a moderator for the Knittingbeyondthehebrides group and I've accidentally banned a member.  I was half-awake and accidentally clicked on the "permanent ban" button instead of approving her.  Now I can't figure out how to get around that and approve the poor woman.  Can you help?

If you have access to the list's admin interface, go to Privacy
options... -> Subscription rules and remove her address from the
ban_list.

If you only have assess to the moderator interface, contact the list
owner.

>Is it possible to remove the ban from your end so that I may approve the membership?

We have nothing at all to do with the management of your list. You need
to contact the list owner or the service that hosts your list.