[Mailman-Users] FW: listserv account vanished

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 31 15:57:38 CET 2009

Cichon, Joan L *HS wrote:

>My ListServ seems to have gone missing.

Mailman is not ListServ[1] although perhaps you can be forgiven seeing
that even your hosting service doesn't know the difference.

>I keep emailing you to get assistance (see below) and can't seem to get an answer.  Please respond.

mailman-users at python.org can't help you with this. The fact that uour
host doesn't know the difference between Listserv and Mailman suggests
that they also do not actually receive mail sent to
mailman at listserv.bnsi.net.

You will have to contact them in some other way.

[1] I know that use of Listserv(r) as a generic term to refer to an
email list or email list management software is ubiquitious, and I'm
just pissing in the wind to fight it, but Listserv(r) is a registered
trademark[2] owned by the developer of a particular email list
management product, and it shouldn't be used generically.

My personal interest in this is not to protect the Listserv(r)
trademark, but rather to avoid confusing Listserv(r) email list
management software with any other email list management software
including GNU Mailman of which I am a developer.

[2] <http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>