[Mailman-Users] Mailing list servers ..

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Feb 3 21:15:16 CET 2009

On 02/03/09 14:14, Brian Carpenter wrote:
> I have never come across such service providers nor have I come
> across large ISPs such as Yahoo.com and AOL.com offering such a
> program to other email providers. We have simply gotten our servers
> whitelisted with these large ISPs and made sure all of our mailman
> clients are legitimate. So our e-mails are being delivered quickly
> without having to resort to some of the rate limits techniques that
> some hosts impose on their mailing list clients.

These services (or something closer to what Brad described) do exist.
However, I think what you have done is probably the more feasible way to
get your email through more reliably than relying on some 3rd party to
do some of the leg work for you.  I also think that the appearance of
you doing the leg work ahead of time and being pro-active in working
with large hosting providers makes you look better and more likely to be
legit when you do have the inevitable problem (how ever big or small it is).

Grant. . . .