[Mailman-Users] Question on Digest E-mails

Gary Moore Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:02:16 CET 2009

Grant,

I actually just checked and I have the setting edit_filter_content set to "no" and the pass_mime_types was blank.

Gary

Gary Moore, CISSP
Assistant Dean for Information Systems
Hofstra University School of Law
Gary.P.Moore at hofstra.edu
(516) 463-6067

On 02/02/09 13:57, Gary Moore wrote:
> My apologies if this has been on the list before.  I have a mailman
> listserv that I have setup to digest.  The messages are forwarded
> from our blog to a general resource account which sends them out to
> the listserv.  When the digest is sent out (see attached), each of
> the digested messages has a "message scrubbed".  How can I solve this
> problem.  Thanks in advance.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm betting that you are sending your digest
out with the actual messages as MIME attachments rather than textual
copy in a new message.  (Note:  I think this is a good thing, so keep it
up.)

However I'm betting that Mailman is seeing the individual messages as
attachments and is scrubbing them because it does not know about the
MIME type, or more likely it is not an allowed MIME type.

Go to Content Filtering -> pass_mime_types and make sure that
multipart/digest, message/rfc822 and possibly text/rfc822-headers are
included in the list.  message/rfc822 is the standard attachment like
you would receive if I forwarded a message to you (as an attachment).

(Please refer to section 5.1.5 of RFC 2046 for more information.)

I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but at least it's a
direction to look in to.

Please let us know if this solves the problem as if it does, I propose
that multipart/digest and message/rfc822 get added to the default
allowed MIME types.

Grant. . . .