[Mailman-Users] Help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 5 19:35:27 CET 2009

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>No... I cannot get to the moved lists URL. I get the same Bug in Mailman
>message. I seem to be able to do all the administrative and subscriber
>tasks with all other lists. the individual lists URLs will work... I just
>can no longer get to the main Mailman list page at: http://mailman-host-name/mailman/listinfo or: http://mailman-host-name/mailman/admin.

This is because the moved list's liusts/LISTNAME/config.pck file is
corrupt.

The first step is to remove the config.pck. If there is a
config.pck.last, it may be OK. If there is no config.pck.last, or it's
not OK remove all lists/LISTNAME/config.pck* files for this list. Then
the admin and listinfo overviews will work.

>Additionally, I don't thing the withlist command was successful for the
>list I attempted to move.

This may be the cause of the current problem, or it may be because
there was some problem with the original config.pck that you moved.

>And other Mailman commands seem to fail as well,
>such as list_lists, and list_admins, producing similar results as what I
>had forwarded below.

This is all because of the one corrupt config.pck.

>I will take a look at the link you noted to try to determine where the
>fault is.

You don't need to do that. That is only to identify which list's
config.pck is corrupt, but we know that because you can't get to the
moved list's admin or listinfo pages so it is the config.pck for the
moved list which has the problem.