[Mailman-Users] Perplexing HTML formatting issue

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Tue Feb 10 02:03:29 CET 2009

Hi List:

I have a client who is using us to host his mailman list but he has his main
web site hosted with another provider. He uses a php script to post html
formatted messages to the list from this web site. Last week he moved his
web site to a new hosting provider and now when his script sends messages to
the list, the html formatting is not coming through. He tested the script to
post to one of his e-mail addresses and the formatting came through fine but
when he posts to the list via this php script, the html formatting is lost.
He says he did not change any of his list settings and I looked at them and
they look fine. He has content filtering set to no. Here is what the post
looks like when you view it in an e-mail client:

> From: Client <admin@****.com>
> Date: February 9, 2009 2:36:39 PM EST
> To: ****-news at list.****.com
> Subject: [****-News] Weekly Newsletter (Feb 09, 2009)

> body {
>
> 	font-family : serif;
>
> 	font-size: 10pt;
>
> 	margin: 10px;
>
> 	color: #000000;
>
> 	BACKGROUND: #cedae7 URL(/images/blue_background_color.gif);
>
> 	background-repeat:repeat-x;
>
> }
>
> #page {
>
> 	width: 700px;
>
> 	background-color: #fff;
>
> 	border-style : solid;
>
> 	border-width : 1px 2px 3px 1px;
>
> 	border-color: #423322;
>
> 	padding:2px 2px 20px 2px;
>
> 	margin-left: auto;
>
> 	margin-right: auto;
>
> }

I can't tell at this moment whether this is a MUA issue or a problem with
his list configuration or an issue with his php script. Any assistance would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Brian