[Mailman-Users] Tracing a disappearing 'post'

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Tue Feb 10 02:52:58 CET 2009

A user on one of the lists here complained that her posts weren't getting
through.  I looked at the sendmail log and I see her post making it to
the "| ...mailman  post LIST", but then the message disappeared.  I've
looked and it is, indeed, not in the list archives.

I do get bounces and approvals [as both list admin and list moderator]
and I've not gotten anything about this user's submissions, but still
they appear to vanish.  The list is unmoderated ["Action to take for
postings from non-members.." is set to Accept].  I have one filter set to
'hold', and I *have* gotten submissions that got caught by that filter,
so I know it is working.

What places am I missing that could get a message just to vanish?  [and
how can I try to make that not happen, or at least log what's happening
or email me or something]?

Thanks!  /bernie\

mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA