[Mailman-Users] bounce-events-xxxx.pck filling up quickly my disk

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Feb 11 08:14:37 CET 2009

on 2/10/09 1:16 PM, Gerardo Herzig said:

> Hi all. As my server is getting bocked in hotmail and yahoo, the pickled
> file bounce-events grows mega-fast and quickly fills-up the partition.
> Can Mailman be configured to "stop writing after some size", or will i
> have to doit with some sort of Linux quota system?

I'm not aware of any way to do this within Mailman, at least not without
changing the source code.  But I wouldn't recommend doing a Linux quota
system either -- that would probably just cause Mailman to lock up
completely.

You might want to consider a separate monitoring script that runs
continuously and cleans out any cruft, or maybe slice your queue runners
for that part of the system so that you can handle the load better.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out