[Mailman-Users] bounce-events-xxxx.pck filling up quickly my disk

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 11 21:44:36 CET 2009

Gerardo Herzig wrote:

>My server is getting spam-blocked in hotmail, yahoo and others, and some
>list have about 40,000 hotmail+yahoo address. So the bounce-events-xxx.pck
>(i guess im talking about the BounceRunner one) grows almost automaticaly
>because of all the yahoo and hotmail emails getting back to my server, to
>the 5 GB limit of /usr/local partition.

If you are saying that it grows to 5 GB within 15 minutes, then shorten
the time between processing to say 5 minutes by putting

REGISTER_BOUNCES_EVERY = minutes(5)

in mm_cfg.py and restarting mailman. If you are saying that
bounce-events-xxxx.pck is not being processed and cleared every 15
minutes, then there is some other problem. Look in Mailman's error and
bounce logs for clues.

On the other hand, it might be more productive to find out why you are
blocked and try to get the blocks removed, or are you blocked for good
reason?