[Mailman-Users] process for preserving archives?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Feb 13 17:34:14 CET 2009

Gruver, Sandi wrote:

> Is there a mailman process for saving off archives?

Built into Mailman?  No.

> We want to save/collect all our archives for a period of time before deleting them.

The on-disk format is basically just plain files.  So, use the features
provided by your OS to archive files, whether that's tar, cpio, or whatever.

If you want to archive the raw mbox-format file, make sure that whatever you
do will preserve the 7th edition mbox format of the file, otherwise the
archives will be unreadable by Mailman.  IIRC, this is discussed in the FAQ.

> Wondering if there is a mailman process for saving the archives.

Not without modifying the source code, no.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out