[Mailman-Users] Uncaught Bounce Notification

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Sun Feb 15 00:56:25 CET 2009

On 02/13/2009 07:29 PM, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> I received a uncaught bounce notification from one of my lists today.
>  The bounce looks pretty normal, and figured it should have been
> caught by the bounce system.  How do I report bounce formats that did
> not get caught by the bounce system?

Though it would be nice for Mailman to recognize this bounce format and
automatically process it, I am questioning if this particular bounce
should be acted upon or not.

Seeing as how this bounce was generated because the recipient was over
quota "User's Disk Quota Exceeded", I wonder what the appropriate thing
to do is.  This is (IMHO) *very* likely to be a transient / temporary
error.  As such I'm not sure that I would want to act on this particular
error.  However if a bunch of these errors happened, then I might want
to take action.

So I'm not sure if this is where the number of bounces (before something
is done) comes in to play, or what.  Just something to think about.

Grant. . . .