[Mailman-Users] MMDSR Question

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Feb 15 08:43:29 CET 2009

on 2/14/09 10:49 AM, Jeff Grossman said:

> I know the mmdsr program is an unsupported application, but I am hoping
> somebody here can help me out.

I'm the original author of mmdsr (now that it's been checked into source
control, Mark has been the last person to make any changes to it), but
it's a script I just quickly hacked together.

Nevertheless, I'll try to provide what assistance I can.

>                                 I have not been able to find any answers
> via Google or the mailing list archives.  I have set up all of the
> parameters, but the program never finishes running.  When I run it from
> the command line, it never returns the command line, just continues
> running forever.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am running this on
> an OS X 10.3.9 machine.  The temp file that it creates gets as far as:

I never tried to run the script on a MacOS X machine.  On the Linux and
FreeBSD machines where I run it (including the server for python.org,
where this list is hosted), I don't see these kinds of problems.

Have you tried adding a "-vx" option on the first line of the script, so
that you can see each and every line of the code as it is executed?

> Message held -- Post by non-member (by list):
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Message held -- Suspicious header (by list):
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Discarded posting (by list):
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Bulk/Junk message discarded (by list):
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Implicit destination (by list):
>
> ------------------------------
>

> Post to moderated newsgroup (by list):

> Post to moderated list (by list):

> Other Errors:

I'm not seeing any output in any of these sections here.  Is that the
way it actually appears on your end, or did you leave some stuff out?

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out