[Mailman-Users] How could this happen? - Post to moderated list

Edward Ned Harvey edward.harvey at lyricsemiconductor.com
Sat Feb 21 22:37:16 CET 2009

>>                                               How could that checkbox
>> have gotten set?
>
> There is a "default moderation" check box that can be selected at the time
> the list is created, or can be applied to all new subscribers after it is
> selected.

It is conceivable, although unlikely, that the user became "moderated" early
on, if he subscribed in the very beginning of the history of the list,
before I disabled the default moderated checkbox.  It is also conceivable,
but unlikely, that somebody other than myself could have set this user's
"moderate" bit accidentally.  The list admin does in fact use a password
that users other than myself know.

Is there any other way for this user's "moderate" bit to have gotten set?
Perhaps -

I know at one point, he mailed the list with an attachment that was too
large, so that message got held.  Does this ever set (and leave set) the
moderate bit?

Thanks again...