[Mailman-Users] RECALL is creating infinite loop?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:26:27 CET 2009

Mailman experts,

 We are running Mailman version 2.1.10 on a Centos 5.2 system.  Recently a
user sent a RECALL command to one of our lists to retract a message.  This
seems to have created an infinite loop relating to bounces.

  For some reason something got corrupted, probably related to the Message
ID as shown from one of the log entries below:

Feb 23 11:00:00 2009 (12635) forwarding unrecognized, message-id:

I get one of these bounce messages about every 10 minutes or so.    This is
not a pending message.  So what might be going wrong and how do I clean up
the list so that the request stops bouncing?  Is there some file I can empty

 Tim Tyler

Network Engineer

Beloit College