[Mailman-Users] can I resend new list creation welcome message?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 04:37:54 CET 2009

(sending from my sub'd address this time)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 04:40:13PM -0700, Steve Lindemann wrote:
> I've had several occasions where list admins have "lost" the initial
> welcome message they received when I created a new list for them.  Is
> there a way to resend that new list created message?

Looks as though it's not directly possible (having seen Mark's post,
too), but a work-around might be to send the list-creation mails over
to (a) another list, so you can filch the mails from the archive, and
bounce on to -owner, (b) your own mail-system and bounce them along, (c)
save the passwords on a wiki/text-file or something else..

Or, if being moody: "you should have kept the mail, shouldn't you."

change_pw may also be of use. (which is what *I* tend to use)

--
``... a difficulty for every solution'' (Samuel, on the Civil Service)