[Mailman-Users] Setting a bind address for SMTP delivery

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Thu Feb 26 17:45:20 CET 2009

On 02/26/2009 09:41:40 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> SMTPHOST and SMTPPORT in mm_cfg.py.
>
> That controls where you send to, but not what address Mailman binds
> to when it sends to that host/port.

As it turns out I set SMTPHOST to 127.0.0.2, and instead of
the usual smtp line in /etc/postfix/master.cf I've these 3 lines:

mypublicip:smtp   inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
127.0.0.1:smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
127.0.0.2:smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
-o
local_header_rewrite_clients=permit_tls_clientcerts -o
relay_clientcerts=

The latter prevents address rewriting by requiring tls
authentication for rewriting and then preventing any
such authentication.

This is clunky.  Postfix is much happier when such
"bad" address rewriting is triggered by the client's
IP.

Karl <kop at meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein