[Mailman-Users] Subscribe results page - problem editing html

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Feb 27 01:01:34 CET 2009

Mark McCanna wrote:

> Hi, I am setting up a mailing list with mailman version 2.1.11.cp3 and I
> am having some difficulty changing the html on the;

First off, you're using cPanel.  See FAQ 6.11 at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel>.

Second, Mailman scrubs all stuff that you type in via the web interface, so
that you don't get any security violations as a result of stuff accidentally
being misinterpreted as HTML.  Not all HTML is scrubbed out, but certain
parts of HTML are.  So, there are some things you just can't customize from
the web interface.

If you had privileged access to the shell on the machine where the list was
hosted, you could go in and copy the appropriate template file to a suitable
location and then edit it with a text editor (like "vi", "emacs", or
"pico"), and save that file with all your HTML stuff intact.

However, since you're using CPanel, you almost certainly don't have access
to the command-line on that server.  In that case, you'll need to talk to
the CPanel administrators of that system and see if you can get their help
to do what you need.

If you do have privileged access to the command-line shell on that system,
then search the archives and the FAQ wiki for "template".

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out