[Mailman-Users] Warnings from senddigests

b19141 at anl.gov b19141 at anl.gov
Sun Jan 4 03:48:01 CET 2009

Jesper Dybdal wrote:

>I think you've diagnosed the problem.  There is a pythonlib directory,
>but it is empty.

Note that the Debian/Ubuntu Mailman package deletes mailman/pythonlib/

Mark Sapiro replied to a posting Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:48:30 -0800:

And Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> replied Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:08:51 -0500

>That looks to be from the Debian Mailman package, which Ubuntu uses as
>it's base.  See the long trail here:
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=242740
>
>The short summary for the bug is "bad installation when
>/var/lib/mailman/pythonlib is a symlink."
>
>(I've never found the Debian bugs page very easy to follow. :)

I do not know how the original poster (OP) is building and installing
Mailman.  This removal of pythonlib is one of the reasons I decided
to build my own Mailman package for Ubuntu from the SourceForge source.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov