[Mailman-Users] Warnings from senddigests

Jesper Dybdal jd-mailman-users at dybdal.dk
Sun Jan 4 17:26:01 CET 2009

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:48:40 -0800, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

>Try to cd to the misc/ subdirectory of the directory that you unpacked
>and configured in and run
>
>make install-packages

Problem found and solved: I had run "make" as root, but "make install"
as "mailman", and "make install-packages", which I assume is part of
"make install", needs to be able to write to files in the source
directory structure where "make" was run.

I had naively assumed that "make install" did nothing but copy existing
files.

Running "make install-packages" as root solved the problem.

And in the future, I'll run "make install" as root.

Thanks for your help!
--
Jesper Dybdal, Denmark.
http://www.dybdal.dk (in Danish).