[Mailman-Users] Alternate Port question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 5 17:20:48 CET 2009

Patrick Healy wrote:

>I'm using Mailman v2.1.5.  Originally lists were created using port 8181 as
>the default port.  Later port 80 was freed up and I reset (so I thought)
>everything to port 80.  However, whenever something is went out on the list,
>it still continues to show port 8181 as the port.

You probably have something like

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:8181/mailman/'

in mm:cfg.py. At least that's the 'right way' to do it, but you may
have something like

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.example.com:8181'

instead. In either case, remove the :8181. Then you'll need to restart
Mailman and update the actual web_page_url attribute of the lists
which you do with fix_url. Run Mailman's

 bin/fix_url.py

for instructions.