[Mailman-Users] Unknown encoding error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 9 00:30:46 CET 2009

Khosrow Ebrahimpour wrote:

>A more general question. Has this issue been fixed in subsequent releases of
>mailman? We are running 2.1.5 on Sarge at the moment. I suspect that we will
>be seeing this error occasionally, although I'm surprised it hasn't been an
>issue so far.

Yes. The problem of unanticipated exceptions in digest processing
stopping a list was fixed in 2.1.7.

The problem of apostrophes in RFC 2231 encoded parameters was fixed in
the underlying Python email library. I don't remember exactly when,
but I'm pretty sure it was fixed in email 2.5.8 which has shipped with
Mailman starting with 2.1.9.