[Mailman-Users] variables in msg_footer

Kærast kaerast at newscloud.com
Thu Jan 15 16:33:25 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm having problems with the footers on our mailman server, the
variables such as %(real_name)s are being entered as-is and not
rewritten to what they should be.

I have DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER set at the very bottom
of /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = """
###
To unsubscribe:
        2) reply to the confirmation email
###
"""

New lists are created with the % variables intact and not the content
of them.  For good measure I tried setting the msg_footer for all lists
by using
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-January/055486.html

All lists have the same footer:

###
To unsubscribe:
        2) reply to the confirmation email
###

Am I doing something obviously silly?  Where should I be looking in
order to debug this?

--
Alice