[Mailman-Users] Issue with text to Mailman list serve

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Thu Jan 15 22:23:25 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Darren G Pifer wrote:
>

>>> What is the raw message with all headers?
>>>    In Tbird, select the message and then File->Save As->File or just
>>> ctrl-S, and give it a name with a .txt extension. Then you can attach
>>> that .txt file to a list post.
>>>

>> I see that my attachments did not come across so I have attached the raw
>> message
>> removing only some private information.  The owner forwarded to me a copy of
>> the email sent to the list.

I asked our Exchange administrator to get the message headers.  Here is
that information:

 (192.168.96.22) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.1.311.2; Thu, 15 Jan 2009

 11:50:12 -0500

[127.0.0.1])         by

 malden.server1.odu.edu (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id n0FGo1O1020182

            (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256
verify=NOT) for

 <gedwards at odu.edu>; Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:50:12 -0500

 (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id n0FGmUJa019787            for nouser at odu.edu;
Thu, 15 Jan

 2009 11:48:30 -0500

            by malden.server1.odu.edu (envelope-sender

 <womenscenter-bounces at list.odu.edu>) (MIMEDefang) with ESMTP id

 n0FGmOCp019564; Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:48:30 -0500 (EST)

            by malden.server1.odu.edu (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id
n0FGfRF2017255

            (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256
verify=NOT) for

 <womenscenter at list.odu.edu>; Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:41:27 -0500

 jarvis.server1.odu.edu (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id n0FGfRKn006790

            (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5 bits=128
verify=NOT)         for

 <womenscenter at list.odu.edu>; Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:41:27 -0500

            ([192.168.96.21]) with mapi; Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:41:27 -0500