[Mailman-Users] How to manually get a list of passwords for allmembers to be sent to the administration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 19 20:07:55 CET 2009

Steve Campbell wrote:

>The subject line states the full question, but,
>
>I'd like to get a list of passwords for all the members to be sent to
>the administrator.

There are no existing tools to do this.

The attached passwd.patch.txt file contains a patch to bin/list_members
to add a "passwords" option which will display the passwords.

>I usually mass subscribe them in the form
>
>Common name <email address>
>
>so I don't have the option to insert the password and don't know them.
>At least I'm not aware of how to do it.
>
>Also, is there a way to add the preferred password when mass adding names?

Not with the web admin mass subscribe. or the existing command line
tools.

bin/add_members could be modified to accept a password.