[Mailman-Users] How to manually get a list of passwordsfor allmembers to be sent to the administration

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Mon Jan 19 21:41:38 CET 2009

On 01/19/09 14:35, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> It is also possible to send a password reminder, so this should not be
> a surprise. And no, the member passwords are not encrypted, reversibly
> or otherwise. The list admin and moderator passwords are
> "irreversibly" encrypted.

*nod*

> This will change in Mailman 3. All passwords will be encrypted.

Are the list admin and moderator passwords going to stay irreversible,
or will they fall down to the same reversible encryption that the rest
of the passwords will use?

> Of course. In fact the next sentence which you dropped from your quote
> said "bin/add_members could be modified to accept a password."

*nod*

I was referring to the ""packing of information that could possibly be
used by both the command line (bin/add_members) and the web interface.
I figured it would be trivial to extend one tool, but would the
extension carry over to another tool.

Grant. . . .