[Mailman-Users] Permissions problems

Melinda Gilmore aussiemax at neo.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 14:47:06 CET 2009

I continue to get these messages when some cron jobs are running.  I can see
that it is a permissions problems.  But I have tried everything by changing
permissions and it still is having problems.  This particular file that is
mentioned is not there.  Someone please help me figure this out.  There has
to be some little thing I am missing.  I have compared files with others
that are not getting the message and the permissions are the same.

Your "cron" job on lists
/usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip

produced the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 154, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 140, in main
    compress(f)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 81, in compress
    outfp = gzip.open(txtfile+'.gz', 'wb', 6)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/gzip.py", line 49, in open
    return GzipFile(filename, mode, compresslevel)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/gzip.py", line 94, in __init__
    fileobj = self.myfileobj = __builtin__.open(filename, mode or 'rb')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/mailman/2007-October.txt.gz'