[Mailman-Users] non-subscriber managed to post to a subscriber only list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Jan 26 22:59:45 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:51 -0700, Steve Lindemann wrote:
> Rechecked the delivered message header and found the list bounces
> address in the Sender: and Return-Path: headers, but I thought that was
> normal on the delivered message.

It is, if you're looking at the _distributed_ post.  This is the
envelope sender address which Mailman used when distributing the email,
possibly a VERP address if you have this enabled.  What you need to look
at is the headers on the post which the list server _received_, not what
it send out.

> I didn't think the <LIST>-bounces address was considered a member of the
> list...  is it?

No, unless someone subscribed it.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "We are all broken  |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |   toasters, but we   |      available at