[Mailman-Users] non-subscriber managed to post to a subscriber only list (SOLVED)

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Tue Jan 27 00:07:40 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 16:54 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> It will be *VERY* difficult for me to spoof an SMTP envelope sender for
> Microsoft with out SPF filters (and the likes) detecting it and acting
> accordingly.

My experience with SPF is that it's not at this point widely enough
deployed so that it can reliably be used as an accept/reject filtering
criterion.  I tried to do it at one point on my mail servers and got
flack right away from customers who couldn't get their legitimate
email :-(

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "We are all broken  |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |   toasters, but we   |      available at