[Mailman-Users] mailman screens by subscriber list before checkingsender filter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 27 02:41:40 CET 2009

Rich Winkel wrote:

>I have a sublist of an umbrella list.  A message from one of the
>subscribers to the sublist is being held for moderation despite being
>approved for the umbrella list... any quick fixes?
>This is mailman-2.1.10.

Being held by which list? I am unable to understand from the above and
subject what is occurring.

If you are saying that a sub-list member is in the Umbrella list's
accept_these_nonmembers, and the post is being held by the Umbrella
list, what is the reason it is held. If post by nonmember, I don't
know why this would be.

If it is being held by another sub-list of which the poster is not a
member, this is normal. If posts to the sublists from the umbrella are
to be accepted without being held as non-member posts, the
UMBRELLA-bounces at ... address should be a member of each sublist with
delivery and password reminders disabled.

If this doesn't help, please try to be more specific about exactly what
is happening.