[Mailman-Users] mailman screens by subscriber list before checking sender filter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 27 03:48:34 CET 2009

Rich Winkel wrote:

>Her umbrella posts are moderated also, I was just hoping that approving
>a post for the umbrella would approve it for all the sublists as well.

OK. I "get it".

Here's what you could do. It's not "spoof proof", but it will
accomplish what you want I think.

Instead of putting the UMBRELLA-bounces address in
accept_these_nonmembers of the sub-lists, make that address a member
with delivery and password reminders off and unmoderated.

Then put

SENDER_HEADERS = (None, 'from', 'reply-to', 'sender')

in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman. This will check the envelope sender
before From: when testing for a member post. You could instead put

SENDER_HEADERS = ('sender', 'from', None, 'reply-to')

to check Sender: before From:. Since both Sender: and the envelope
sender (indicated by the None entry) are the UMBRELLA-bounces address
in posts from the umbrella, they will be accepted by the sub-lists
with this set up, even if From: is a nonmember or moderated member.