[Mailman-Users] Where is the template for monthly passwordreminders?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 29 00:59:09 CET 2009

Michael R Boudreau wrote:

>Where can I find the template for the monthly password reminder email?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>. The template name is
cronpass.txt

>I'd like to modify it so that it doesn't contain the password (our members
>object to this being sent unbidden in plain text), and so that it reminds
>users to make sure their subscription address matches the address from which
>they currently send email (ideally with a link to their personal options
>page so they can update).

You can add the reminder, but you can't remove the passwords by
modifying the template because the lists/passwords are added following
the text built from the template. To remove the passwords, you'd need
to modify the code in Mailman's cron/mailpasswds script.